Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift as part of their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility and simplicity that a beneficiary designation provides by using new or existing:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
This is a popular gift to give because you can set it up yourself. There’s no need to use the services of an attorney or financial advisor to put your gift in place. In addition, beneficiary designations offer built-in peace of mind; your current budget isn’t affected because you make the gift after your lifetime, and you can change your mind at any time.
To get started:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy or bank account for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider’s website.
- Decide what percentage of the account you wish to give to the Dialogue Institute and name us, along with the stated percentage, on the form.
- Sign and return the form to your plan administrator or insurance company.
- Don't forget to tell us about your gift - it would be our honor to thank you for your support!
No matter the size, your gift makes a meaningful difference at the Dialogue Institute / Journal of Ecumenical Studies. Contact Tim Emmett-Rardin, Director of Marketing & Development, at 215.204.7570 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more about giving a gift that doesn’t cost you anything today.
And again, if you’ve already made a gift, please let us know so we can thank you for your generosity and ensure that your gift is used as you intend.