As we are able and willing to use the skills of critical thinking and creative compassion to create a way of life rooted in dialogic behaviors, we can enjoy the many dimensions of life with a heightened consciousness in all realms of our being. The following ten points are meant to indicate the multidimensional benefits of a way of life sustained by dialogue:
- Rational thinking at its very core serves as critical and dialogic.
- The scientific method essentially serves as an endless critical dialogue between the scientist and the observed data.
- Our language becomes the dialogic ability to express to others what is within; we should strive to be as critically clear and as precise as possible.
- Our imagination becomes the dialogic ability to move out of our world into others, to which we should be open critically.
- Our emotions will move us dialogically from where we are to another place, fostered by the reflection of reason and intuition.
- Our esthetic ability will find beauty in a world outside ourselves.
- Our body will engage in a reflective dialogue with itself, our spirit/mind, other persons, and the world about us.
- Interpersonal relations will thrive in a dialogic, win-win, though clear-headed and critical, manner.
- Our moral sensibilities will develop in the critically reflective dialogue of loving the Other as ourselves.
- We humans with a critically reflective dialogue between ourselves and nature will heighten our ecological sensitivity.