Swidler Legacy Circle
NOW IS THE TIME.
In this season of giving thanks and on the heels of Professor Leonard Swidler’s 50th year at Temple University, we are excited to share a special invitation to help steward his legacy into the next 50 years—through the ongoing efforts of both the Dialogue Institute (DI) and Journal of Ecumenical Studies (J.E.S.). To sustain the transformative work and impact of global interfaith, intercultural scholarship, programming and grassroots dialogue training well into the future.
In January, on the occasion of his 89th birthday, we plan to officially launch the SWIDLER LEGACY CIRCLE in honor of Len and in memory of his late wife, Arlene, who co-founded J.E.S. with him in 1964 (Len founded the DI in 1978). This Circle will include:
- donors who make one-time unrestricted gifts of $5,000 or more* (or who pledge recurring unrestricted gifts of at least $1,000 annually, totaling $5,000 or more*)
- donors who make a planned gift^ in support of the DI/J.E.S. (go to dialogueinstitute.org/donate for more information about giving options)
In preparation for the launch, we invite you to join us—including Len himself and five others who’ve already signed on!—as a FOUNDING MEMBER of the Swidler Legacy Circle. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to show your appreciation for Len and Arlene, and affirm your own commitment to this critical work.
To make your one-time gift or the first payment of a recurring gift, checks can be made payable to "Dialogue Institute" (or "JES" if you prefer your donation to be directed in support of the Journal of Ecumenical Studies) and mailed to Dialogue Institute / Temple University (062-56) / 1700 N. Broad Street, Suite 315 / Philadelphia, PA 19121-0843. Or you can click here to make a secure online donation.
And if you’ve already named the DI/J.E.S. in a will/trust or made the DI/J.E.S. a beneficiary of a retirement account, life insurance policy or other asset, let us know that as well! We need to hear back from you by December 20 to be included as a Founding Member.
Please feel free to contact Tim Emmett-Rardin, Director of Marketing & Development, with any questions or if you’d prefer to talk with someone directly (215.204.7570 or email@example.com). Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration of this invitation.
Howard A. Cohen Majid Alsayegh
Executive Director Chair, Board of Directors
* Larger gifts will be recognized separately within the Circle, at the following thresholds: $10,000, $50,000, $100,000
^ Bequests and beneficiary designations are the most common and simplest life estate gifts; you only need the following information to name the DI in your will/trust or as a beneficiary of an asset account:
- Legal Name: Dialogue Institute
- Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): 23-2715057
- Date of Establishment: 1984
- Address: Temple University (062-56) / 1700 N. Broad Street, Suite 315 / Philadelphia, PA 19121-0843